HOPKINTON, Mass. – November 10, 2010 – EMC® Corporation (NYSE: EMC), the world’s leading provider of information infrastructure solutions, today announced it has acquired Bedford, Massachusetts-based Bus-Tech®, Inc. Bus-Tech is a privately held provider of VTL (Virtual Tape Library) solutions that utilize open systems disk storage to store and retrieve mainframe tape data. Bus-Tech products enhance EMC solutions for mainframe batch processing, backup and recovery, disaster recovery, and data archiving applications. Bus-Tech now becomes part of the rapidly growing EMC Backup Recovery Systems division, which delivers next-generation, disk-based backup and recovery solutions. The acquisition is not expected to have a material impact to EMC GAAP and non-GAAP EPS for the full 2010 fiscal year…
From the makers of BCV5™, the leading fast DB2 object level cloning/refresh tool, ESAi and UBS-Hainer is pleased to announce the General Availability of the UBS Log Tracker for DB2® Version 1 Release 4 . This enhanced log analyzer has improved speed and functionality that further enhances its position in the DB2 log analysis and audit market. ULT4DB2 Version 1.4 recognizes the log records produced by the DB2 LOAD LOG(YES) utility and reconstructs corresponding INSERT and DELETE statements. The product provides a possibility to apply the changes using dynamic SQL with parameter marks. This significantly improves the performance of execution. The tracking capability has been further enhanced to now identify who reads in addition to the who writes, updates and deletes… ideal for auditing and compliance initiatives…
New Vanguard Configuration Manager Significantly Reduces Time and Reporting Costs Automating Mainframe DISA STIG Compliance…
ISLANDIA, N.Y., Nov. 3, 2010…
Today MATTER OF FACT SOFTWARE announce the launch of PlexSpy
Application Status Monitor Version 1 Release 1…
Premiere Venue of Performance, Capacity Planning and IT Service Management Information CIOs, CTOs, and IT Professionals Can Use to Contribute to Organization’s Bottom Line…
- 84 percent of respondents expect to see growing or steady MIPS on the platform in fifth annual survey
- Mainframe continues to be viewed as a core component of the data center
- IT looks to optimize costs through automation
HOUSTON, October 25, 2010 – In a challenging business environment, the mainframe continues to be the trusted platform for critical business transaction processing according to BMC Software’s (NASDAQ: BMC) Fifth Annual Worldwide Survey of Mainframe Users…
ISLANDIA, N.Y., October 26, 2010 – CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) today announced "Day One" support for IBM® DB2 10® for z/OS across more than 30 products, including CA Database Management for DB2 for z/OS, CA ACF2™, CA Top Secret® security management solutions and CA Easytrieve® application reporting. This support helps customers maximize the benefits of the new DB2 release and helps provide for the integrity and security of critical organizational assets…
DETROIT and LAS VEGAS (IBM Information on Demand)--October 25, 2010--Compuware Corporation (NASDAQ: CPWR), the technology performance company, today announced that its industry-leading mainframe application development and testing solutions will support DB2 Version 10. The DB2 10-enabled Compuware products will continue to support customers’ efforts to increase productivity and reduce costs as they implement applications in the new DB2 environment.
“Organizations using applications that call DB2 information must rely on their support vendors to be DB2 10 ready the day it is released,” said Bonnie Baker of Bonnie Baker Corporation Consulting, a consulting firm renowned for its expertise with DB2 performance issues. “In this business climate, IT productivity and application performance are too important to lose precious time preparing for the advantages of a new environment.”
Compuware is a leading provider of application development and testing solutions to the DB2 community. Support for this release highlights Compuware’s commitment to helping customers enjoy the benefits of new technologies while maintaining productivity--in the IT organization and in the business. The company’s File-AID for DB2 and File-AID/RDX, DBA-Xpert for DB2, Strobe for DB2, Abend-AID for DB2 and Xpediter solutions will all support customer needs as DB2 10 is implemented.
“IT organizations are challenged to remain efficient and productive when upgrading to a new environment,” said Rose Rowe, Vice President, Mainframe Strategy, Compuware. “Downtime is money lost, so knowing that the products that deliver the most value to you are ready to perform after a DB2 10 upgrade is critical for the IT organization.”
Among the Compuware solutions ready for the release of DB2 10 are:
• Compuware File-AID products are the industry standard for file and data management, allowing customers to tailor their data to match their needs, avoiding potentially costly challenges with production data. File-AID for DB2 continues to provide world class Editing and Browsing of DB2 10 data, DBA-Xpert can CLONE and MODIFY DB2 10 databases to help setup new environments.
• Compuware Strobe for DB2 easily identifies costly SQL statements in an application running under DB2 10, providing run-time statistics such as the number of “get page” requests and other vital information. Strobe also provides “Explain” data, catalog statistics, and helpful observations on how to fix the offending statement. Triggers and Stored Procedures are also supported under DB2 10, as well as CPU parallelism and DDF.
• Compuware Abend-AID provides mainframe organizations with an application failure resolution process, speeding the discovery of failed solutions within their organization. It collects program and environmental failure information from DB2 10 and diagnostics automatically, pinpointing the cause of the application error.
• Compuware Xpediter, a program debugging tools that will work with DB2 10 to reduce the time needed to get programs implemented or returned to production by automating the analysis, testing and debugging processes. Xpediter also includes support for DB2 stored procedures.
Compuware Corporation, the technology performance company, provides software, experts and best practices to ensure technology works well and delivers value. Compuware solutions make the world’s most important technologies perform at their best for leading organizations worldwide, including 46 of the top 50 Fortune 500 companies and 12 of the top 20 most visited U.S. web sites. Learn more at: http://www.compuware.com.
Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/compuware.
Sean M. Patrick, Communication Analyst, Compuware Communications and Investor Relations,email@example.com, 313-227-5594
For Sales and Marketing Information
Compuware Corporation, One Campus Martius, Detroit, MI 48226, 800-521-9353, http://www.compuware.com