Descriptions of the more commonly specified parameters and their defaults are:
- POOLNAME=poolname: This specifies the name (one to eight characters) of the queue pool. It’s used to form the server name and name of the coupling facility list structure DFHXQLS_pool-name.
- MAXQUEUES=number: This specifies the number of data lists to be reserved when the structure is allocated, which determines the maximum number of large queues that can be stored. Valid range is one to 999999; default is 1,000.
- BUFFERS=number: This specifies the number of queue buffers to allocate for the server address space. The number of buffers should be at least 10 for each CICS region that can connect to the server. The valid range is one to 999,999; default is 100.
- FUNCTION=function: This can specify whether queue pools are to be unloaded or reloaded, to preserve the queue pool across planned coupling facility maintenance or to move the queue pool onto a different coupling facility. Possible values are SERVER, UNLOAD, RELOAD. The default is SERVER, indicating the server program is to initialize the cross-memory queue server environment for use by CICS.
- STATSOPTIONS=option: This specifies the statistics options that determine whether interval statistics are produced and where they’re sent. Possible values are NONE, SMF, PRINT, BOTH. The default is NONE.
- ENDOFDAY=time: This specifies the time when the server end-of-day statistics are to be collected and reset. Note, if STATSOPTIONS=NONE is specified, STATSINTERVAL=time: This specifies the statistics interval. Again, the format is hhmm; default is 3:00.
More detailed information appears in The CICS System Definition Guide.
Should you need to obtain trace data for debugging, two parameters can be specified. However, be aware that use of debugging options may significantly impact performance and cause the print file to grow rapidly, using up spool space. The two available trace parameters are:
- TRACECF=ON/OFF: This specifies whether the coupling facility interface debug trace is on. This option produces trace messages on the print file indicating the main parameters to the coupling facility request interface and the result from the IXLLIST macro.
- TRACERQ=ON/OFF: This specifies whether the queue request debug trace options are on. This option produces trace messages on the print file indicating the main parameters on entry to the shared queue request or shared queue inquire interface and results on exit.
Additionally, a dump of the coupling facility list structure for the shared temporary storage pool may be obtained. To do this, use the MVS DUMP command:
In response, the system prompts with a reply number for the dump options to be specified. When prompted for dump parameters in response to the DUMP COMM command, enter the reply:
REPLY nn,STRLIST=(STRNAME=DFHXQLS_poolname, ACCESSTIME=NOLIMIT,