Aug 11 ’17
AES Announces Availability of DockerView For IBM z, IBM Power, IBM LinuxONE & Open Systems Platforms
AES is pleased to announce its entry into the growing Microservices and DevOps Arenas with new support for Docker Containers. DevOps is based on implementing a microservices architecture using highly automated containers to build, deploy, provision, manage, and operate enterprise services. Docker is a forerunner in the container technology arena and fueling the most significant change in how businesses deploy applications.
Based on a loosely coupled service oriented architecture with bounded contexts there are plenty of great reasons to embrace the Docker Container trend.
If you are going to adopt Docker Containers, you have to understand that there are many moving parts, a high rate of change, short lifetimes, and complex end-to-end request flows. When it comes to management, this presents an important difference between microservices and monolithic architectures. More moving parts mean more complexity to monitor and manage in order to keep applications and infrastructure healthy and running.
Monitoring DOCKER containers and the performance of container based applications can be challenging because of the large number and dynamic nature of containers running different microservices. Keeping track of key metrics and events like container details and container resource utilization are critical to gain visibility into the performance of the applications inside your container. Leveraging this information enables detection of anomalies in the container behavior, microservices and resource bottlenecks.
As AES expands our support of microservices and DevOps functions, we added Docker Container support to CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux. This support is available with release v2.7 and above. The functions provided include:
- Real-time and near-real time container details including resource utilization and process information with the ability to drill down into specific containers
- Image details including repository and image ID with historical details
- Docker System Info displaying system-wide details for a given Linux node
- Historical DockerView reports providing in-depth metrics for trend and capacity analysis to meet changing demands, increase efficiency, and optimize resource utilization
- Top20 graphical views of key docker containers usage for CPU, memory, block and net I/O.
The resulting high performance and agile environment is popular for digital transformations and blockchain implementations, helping clients embrace the new digital and hybrid cloud workloads.