- UDM can run requests on multiple Systems in parallel.
- Output from any request is returned to a single GUI window.
Command and JCL Management
Management of Commands and JCL is now at the Enterprise level, rather than each user having their own sample JCL or Command libraries on each System.
- UDM provides the facility to create Enterprise level Command or JCL decks stored in a single location.
- Variables can be used to ensure generic Commands or JCL decks can be created.
- Commands or JCL decks can be submitted to one or more systems in a single request.
- Command output is returned from all selected systems in a single GUI window.
- Submitted JCL is monitored via the Enterprise level Spool Management facility that allows viewing the status and output from any submitted JCL.
Simple yet comprehensive Reporting
Reports using SQL filtering are generated, saved, and submitted to multiple Systems/Sysplexes in a single request, and output from all systems is returned in a single GUI window.
- Powerful Group and Sum features allow users to generate summary reports, for example, usage by High Level Qualifier.
- Drill down technology allows mining down to the lowest level. For example, if displaying Storage groups, a user can then list the volumes and then the datasets on the Volume, or when displaying
datasets, show details of the management class assigned to a selected dataset.
- Export facilities allow users to easily offload the data to Excel, CSV files or Web pages via HTML.
- Integration with the Command and JCL Management features allow importing data from a report into a Command or JCL skeleton and then submitting the generated Command or JCL for processing.
Integrated Automation and Monitoring
Powerful Message trapping and scheduling features ensure the ability to automate Storage management, as required.
- Message trapper allows actions to be taken when z/OS console messages occur. Actions include submitting of commands or JCL or the running of Reports.
- Scheduler allows users to initiate actions at specific times or when Jobs end. Actions include submitting of Commands or JCL or the running of Reports.
- Out of the box, pre-defined Message traps and Schedules minimize any customization, ensuring a pre-defined Storage automation environment is available as soon as the product is installed.
Quick and Easy Installation
The quick and simple installation process ensures users obtain the benefits of powerful UDM features in minutes rather than weeks:
- The streamlined Host installation process means a user simply download the product libraries, create the parameter library (which requires only five parameters), and start the UDM Server on each system to be managed.
- The GUI installation process requires only that the GUI files are copied to a folder available to all Users of the GUI.
Unlike existing offerings, UDM integrates into an existing security setup. Having a RACF TSO userid on the required system controls and permits access to UDM.
- Commands can only be issued if the RACF TSO userid used to log into UDM has the authority.
- JCL is submitted with the authority of the RACF TSO userid used to log into UDM.
- Facilities within UDM are controlled via RACF Facility class profiles.